In this post, we share a link that will direct you to our recent webinar on youth athletic development.
In this webinar, we cover a range of topics related to youth athletes and how we can create a framework to develop elite-level athletes for the future.
Some of the topics we will cover include;
- Building a robust athlete
- A proposed 5 tier athletic development model for the South African school’s sports systems
- Implementation of strength & conditioning for youth athletes
- Methods in reducing injury rates in youth athletes
- Managing training loads – with a focus on the multi-sport athlete
- Early vs late specialization (Pros & Cons for each)
- Returning to sports post a long lay off (ie lockdown period)
Student athletes should not be judged solely on the number of wins at school, but more so by the number of “wins” after school